Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Easy Chicken Fajita Bake

Do you have chicken breast?  Can you slice an onion and pepper?  Do you have an oven?  Then you can make this meal!  Prep time on this is less than 5 minutes (depending on how fast you can slice lol).  Then all you have to do is bake.

Firstly, I make my own taco/fajita seasoning because I love to salt my food, so I don't need the additional sodium that comes in the packets of taco and fajita seasoning.  I usually make a batch and keep it in the pantry with my other spices, but please feel free to just use a taco seasoning packet (you only need 2 tsp for this recipe).  If you want to make your own, here is the recipe for that.
Taco Seasoning Mix
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 ½  tsp cumin
1 ½  tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper

Directions:
Mix all spices together!




Now, for the Fajita Bake...

Ingredients:
Cooking Spray (I use my misto)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs (your preference)
1 large onion
2 bell peppers (I like Red, but use whatever colors you want)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp taco/fajita seasoning
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
(salt and pepper to taste)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375

Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, lay chicken in baking dish.  Season with salt and pepper and the 2 tsp of taco seasoning.  Top with the sliced onions and peppers.  Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies.  Top with cheese.  Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.

It's that easy!  You can serve with Greek Yogurt, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Tortillas, Tortilla Chips, or just eat it on it's own like I did.  Well I paired it with some Spanish Brown Rice, which made a filling and healthy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment