Friday, November 22, 2013

New Blog Post and recipes for before, during and after Thanksgiving!!!

The Holidays are right around the corner.  I love to cook at this time of the year, because all of the flavors I love so much are focused on.   I used to get so carried away with easy-to-make, processed, junk at this time of the year that I would always gain weight and then regret it.  Not this year!!  I am focusing on making most of my dishes completely clean, using fresh, nutritious ingredients.  Sure I will save some room for a few tasty, not so clean treats, but everything in moderation, right?
Now, one small problem I have is that, while Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are at my house this year, everyone still wants my Mom’s traditional food.  I have been warned not to “play around” or “alter” anything that my Mom will be making.  Ok, I get it, its tradition, and it is only one meal.  So I am in charge of breakfast (brunch, since we usually don’t have dinner until 7 p.m.), dessert, a side-dish or two and also the Cranberry sauce, so I still get my hands in here.  And believe me, there will be no can-ring, gelatinous, red load of corn syrup sitting on my table this year!!!!
And of course, my Mom is all about making the food healthier, so since my Mom is the only one in my family to read this blog, I can safely say that I will get my hands on her dishes, as well  J
Most importantly, I am in charge of the leftovers, so that is where I am really going to focus in terms of this blog and the recipes I have for you.  I have tried a few things this week using chicken I had, rather than cooking a whole turkey.  I have a few incredible recipes for leftovers that I will be posting on this blog and the Facebook page.  I am so excited about the Chicken Shepard’s Pie, not only was it delicious, it was a huge hit!!!  .  I also made Quesadillas, Noodle Soup, and tacos.  

Here are the links for each recipe:
Clean Eating Thanksgiving Side Dishes:
Clean Eating Thanksgiving Brunch Dishes:
Clean Eating Thanksgiving Leftovers:

I’m running out of time, so I will have to leave you with only these recipes for this blog post, but I am sure I will come up with a few more before Thanksgiving and I will be sure to post.  I also have to let you know about those tacos ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment