Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Product Find - Olive Oil Sprayer

I mentioned in my recipe for the eggplant pizzas that I use an olive oil sprayer.  It is a little miracle bottle, because it cuts down on the amount of olive oil I use, saving me money, and keeps me from having to use a store bought bottle full of harmful chemicals.  You fill it half way with olive oil, pump it and spray.  Olive oil is very good for you, but sometimes we use too much in recipes, it's wasteful.  I like it for making eggs and especially my roasted veggies.  I spray them liberally, rather than dumping a lot on the veggies to make sure I cover them.  It's perfect.  Don't fall for the "calorie-free," "low-fat" sprays they sell in the store, they are nothing but chemicals!  Also, while a large jar of olive oil may be $10, and the can $1, you will get FAR more use out of that jar when using the misto!! 

These are the two brands I recommend:

I am currently using the first brand, and it works great.  I originally had the other brand, but lost it somehow in my move into my new house (???) 

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-646526/food-network-oil-sprayer.jsp




http://www.amazon.com/kitchen-dining/dp/B00004SPZV


No comments:

Post a Comment