Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Super Easy Chicken Recipe

Hey gang, so I had chicken cutlets defrosted, but no idea what to do with them.  I looked in my pantry and found some dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, which led me to thinking about rehydrating them in chicken stock.  I knew I was making quinoa, so wanted to make the chicken flavorful, so went to my spice rack...oregano and rosemary!  Of course with those seasonings I wanted to also add some garlic.  Wanted the chicken stock to be saucy, so a little whole wheat flour and boom, this came together! 
Mind you, if you don't like sun-dried tomatoes, or have everything else on hand but them, you can still make this.  You can even add whatever veggie you do have on hand, broccoli, onion, mushrooms, you decide.  But it's something different and healthy to do with chicken!

Ingredients -
1 pound chicken cutlets, or chicken breasts pounded out a bit
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (you won't use all over it, but you want to dredge the chicken)
1 and 1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp minced garlic (or 2 cloves minced)
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried oregano
12 sundried tomatoes
salt and pepper

Directions -
Put flour, salt and pepper into a quart side ziploc bag.  Add chicken cutlets one at a time and shake until coated.  Use either EVOO or your Olive Oil Sprayer to lightly coat a pan.  Add chicken and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until browned (if using full breasts, cook a little longer).  Meanwhile add the rosemary, oregano and garlic to 3/4 cup of broth and pour over the chicken.  Add the sun-dried tomatoes (or veggie of your preference) and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until the liquid reduces by half.  Add the remaining 3/4 cup of broth, reduce the heat to med-low, cover and cook another 5-7 minutes.  If the sauce is too thin after 5 min, add 2 tsp of flour and whisk and cook 2 more minutes.

Serve with a grain and veggie!  I put mine over quinoa :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I'm not a fan of sundried tomatoes so I think I'd try it with some roasted red pepper instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roasted Rep pepper sounds awesome! I had some of them too, I should have thrown them in. Next time!

    ReplyDelete