Monday, June 10, 2013

Super Easy Chicken Fajitas (and easy guacamole)

I love fajitas!!  What's better than Chicken with sauteed onions and peppers in a smoking seasoning?  Adding easy guacamole to it, that's what!!!!  This is a super easy, clean eating meal that the whole family can enjoy.  Feel free to add tortilla shells (I don't because I prefer to just eat the extra filling), also, it's very difficult to find clean eating flour tortillas, but I know Trader Joe's has clean eating corn tortillas.  You can also add toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, cheese.  Be creative.  For me, I so love the onions and peppers with the guacamole that I don't even add anything else!
The other night I just paired a few Garden of Eatin clean tortilla chips for some crunch and I was full and happy!!

Ingredients -
1 lb chicken breast (fat removed and cut into slices while still raw)
2 tbsp coconut oil (divided)
2 large onions
2 large bell peppers (use whatever color you like, you may notice I never use green, and it's not that they are not as delicious as red or yellow or orange, but green peppers don't like me and I end up burping them for 2 days!)
3 tsp cumin (divided)
dash of garlic powder
dash of onion powder
salt and pepper to taste

Directions -
In a large skillet heat 1 tsbp of coconut oil over med-high heat.  Season your chicken with salt, pepper and 2 tsp of cumin.  Brown chicken until cooked through.  Remove from skillet and set aside.  Add the remaining tbsp of coconut oil.  Add onions and peppers.  Season with salt and pepper and the remaining tsp of cumin, along with some garlic and onion powders.  Reduce heat to medium and cover skillet.  Keep skillet covered for 10-15 minutes depending on how soft you like your veggies (stir occasionally).  Remove cover, add chicken and stir.  Heat for about another 2 minutes and you are done!!



Top with Easy Guacamole
2 ripe avocados, mashed
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together!  Remember, this is just an easy version, you can add onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment