Monday, May 6, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe

I found my new favorite thing in food! lol  This recipe was seriously the easiest thing ever, and it tasted so good.  You don't even have to love avocado I don't think so anyway, but I do, so maybe I'm not the best judge!  I just don't really taste an avocado taste from this, probably from the seasoning, just a creamy texture, much like mayo does for regular chicken salad.

There are 2 easy ways to do this.  You can cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts and either shred or cut them up (I love to cook chicken breast in my crockpot and then they easily shred), or you can by a can of chicken, just make sure you read the ingredients to verify it's clean, and give it a rinse in a mesh strainer.

For 2- 4 oz chicken breasts I used 1 whole avocado.  For a can of chicken you would only need 1/2 an avocado. 

Mix avocado and chicken, sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and onion powder, mix some more and you are done!  This would even be really nice in a scoop on top of a salad!  I wanted a sandwich, so I toasted some whole wheat tuscan pane (I buy 2 loaves a month and put them in the freezer, it's my favorite clean bread), added the salad and topped with some tomatoes.  This was seriously good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment