Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 1 recap...

Hello Lovies,
So Day 1 went down without a hitch, probably because I have been cooking clean for a while now, but am only starting to document it.  The food is not as much a sacrifice when I am cooking, it's when I am out....that seems to be the real problem.  So like I said yesterday, I will not eat out at all for these 30 days.  It does not mean I am going to lock myself in the house and not be social...I'll drink club soda with lime or water with lemon when out with friends for cocktails (I mean, we know I am better sober, so this is good for everyone).  Alcohol is not a trigger for me, but eating out and not really knowing what's going on in the kitchen isn't something I want to do...for these 30 days, not forever (Let's not be ridiculous lol).

So I promised to document the foods I am eating and the exercise I am doing over these 30 days, in case someone is up for the challenge, so that they'll have something to refer to and not have to do all the research...you're welcome :)

When eating clean, some days I eat 6 small meals, or 3 larger meals with 2 snacks.  After a few days you'll get the gist.  But you need to eat the food when hungry...we must break the mentality that under eating is healthy.  Also, I have 2 cups of black coffee every morning (I have been drinking my coffee black for almost 10 years, so this was not difficult for me) and I drink at least 100 oz of water a day.  Dehydration's first symptom is false hunger, so combat that with water!  I also have a cup of decaf green tea in the afternoon.

Meal 1 - 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil with sauteed onion and red pepper.  2 slices of uncured bacon crumbled into scramble.  (This surprising kept me full all morning, I never realized eggs potential as an appetite suppressant.

Meal 2 - Spinach & Tuna Salad - 3 cups baby spinach, 1 hard boiled egg, 4 oz tuna packed in water, assorted veggies (cucumber, broccoli, tomato, onion), 2 tbsp sunflower seeds.  Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar as dressing.

Snack - 1 hard boiled egg and 2 ak mak crackers (http://www.akmakbakeries.com/wholeofthewheat.html) available at Trader Joe's

Meal 3 - Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Recipe will be posted in separate blog post for those who only want my recipe not my rant lol)

Snack - 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk with small banana topped with almond butter

Exercise - Walked 2 miles at 15 min miles.  20 minutes of strength training on my Wii Fit (it was a start).

No comments:

Post a Comment