Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Recipe - Quick and Easy Marinade for Steak and Chicken, even Veggies!!

This isn't rocket science, you have probably used these exact items to marinade meat and chicken, but I wanted to share this for those who never have.  Just grab a Ziploc bag big enough to fit the amount of meat you are cooking.  The ingredients below are sufficient for one pound of meat, adjust more or less depending on how much meat you are cooking.  I really think this could be a good marinade for vegetables, though you probably don't need to let them sit as long.

Ingredients -
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves, minced)
1 tsp herbes de provence (this is one of my favorite blends of spices and I always put it on beef.  It's about $3.00 at the grocery store, and trust me, it can wake up some dishes.  It's a blend of rosemary, marjoram and thyme, and is great on steak, chicken, roast potatoes, in scrambled eggs, and in stuffing!)  I have linked the brand I use below and it can be found in the spice/baking aisle of your local grocery store.



Just throw all of the ingredients into the ziploc bag, then add the meat.  Let marinade for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours before cooking.  I preper to grill or grill pan the meat when done, but you can bake, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment