Monday, April 22, 2013

Days 12 and 13 Recap

I was so busy on Sunday (Day 13) that I didn't get to recap day 12!  It's tough on the weekends because my work schedule is different, and I'm all over the place.  At least I eat right for this challenge and get in the exercise, that's the important thing.  Also, on the weekends I serve at Chili's, and according to my fit bit, it's a mini-workout because I get more than 10,000 steps in in a 3.5 hour shift!  Wonderful!  Today marks a full week using the FitBit One, and I will be doing a product review for it on my blog.  I wanted to give it a full week before reviewing it, because I wanted to make sure I was going to remember to wear it everyday, how it worked on busier days, etc.  And I think I am ready to put it out there.  Look for that later today or early tomorrow.

Also, Day 12's dinner...such a shame.  I bought a beautiful ahi (yellowfin) tuna steak, wild caught, from the seafood butcher at Shoprite.  I love ahi tune, nice and rare, sliced thin.  I don't know what I did to it, but I couldn't eat it.  I don't know how restaurants get that beautiful sear on the outside and rare on the inside.  Mine was more of a well done on parts and cold rare on others.  I'll stick with cooking the salmon at home, since that came out beautifully!  I'll eat the tuna when I go out.  Good thing I had some lentil cake leftovers in the fridge so that I didn't have to spend time cooking something else :)  (Another reason I love leftovers!)

Day 12- For fitness I got in 2 miles walk/jog in the morning, along with 2lb weight exercises after.  I then did a muscle mile in the late afternoon.

Breakfast - I love the weekends because I am not into work until noon, so I can cook a great breakfast!  I had 2 scrambled eggs, with 2 pieces center cut bacon, and 1 slice of Whole Wheat Tuscan Pane bread with 1/3 advocado spread onto the bread.
In case you are wondering about this Tuscan Pane bread I am always talking about, it's from Trader Joe's and my favorite bread!  It's clean, and I love it as toast, sandwich bread, crustini.  I don't think it would be very good as french toast, but you know, I haven't tried that!



Lunch - Leftover mushroom strogonoff

Snack - 1 clean, whole wheat pretzel and 1/4 cup hummus

Dinner - 2 Lentil Cakes with a side of Green Beans

Day 13 - This was a short exercise day of 1 mile with ab work.  I then busted my butt at Chili's in the afternoon.

Breakfast - Oatmeal Pancakes with 100% pure maple syrup.  These turned out really well, and I will be sharing the recipe!


Snack - 12 raw almonds

Lunch - Cup and a half of Bountiful Bean Soup (leftovers)

Dinner - I usually do Sundays at my folks for dinner, but haven't in the last 2 weeks because the challenge is to eat completely clean for 30 days with no eating out.  I must cook all of my own meals.  So, I took the ingredients there and cooked for them!  I figured they would like the curry I made earlier in the week so we did that again.  Curry and Broccoli over brown rice, with fresh pineapple, tomato, banana, strawberries and cucumber. 


No comments:

Post a Comment