Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 18, 19 and 20 Recap!!!

While I doubt you were waiting with bated breath for my daily recaps, I do apologize that I didn't blog all weekend, but this weekend was completely FULL!!  Friday I was up earlier than when I go to work to have my car in for a recall (dropped it off at 7:00 a.m.!)  My mom picked me up from the dealer and came back to my house with me, where we cleaned for 3 hours, then I made some breakfast, we watched the last 2 episodes of Friends (I had on the DVR and my Mom, a big fan, hasn't seen since it went of the air in 2004).  I have not heard my Mom laugh like that in a while!!  She even said, "oh I forgot how funny this show was, I miss Joey." LOL  Her being up so early and then cleaning and then laughing so hard made her doze off for a while, so I finished up in the kitchen and let her sleep for about 30 minutes.  We finished up at my house and went back for my car.  I then made my monthly travel up to Trader Joe's in Marlton, then over to the Williamstown Farmers Market, back to the Mays Landing area where I had to make a few stops, then home to have a late lunch, shower and get to my nephew's hockey game, pick up his ice cream cake, back to my folks to sing happy birthday, then met some friends for a club soda (well, they had drinks, I had club soda), but I was home before midnight! (but I could feel myself yawning at 10:00 because I am used to going to bed at that time). 
Saturday was non-stop, as well.  Up early, small workout in, breakfast, shower, and Beth was at my house by 10:30 because we had a baby shower in Buena at 12.  It was a wonderful shower for my friend Maria, really beautiful.  I got to see some of my great friends that I haven't seen in over a month, so that was really nice.  After the shower, Beth and I did a little shopping, went by the house she and her husband are buying (and looked in the windows lol).  They go to closing tomorrow, so happy for them, it's beautiful.  Made Beth dinner, and then we met those friends from the shower out for a few clubs sodas (for me!  beers for them!)  It was really great catching up and I laughed so much my cheeks hurt!!!
Sunday I woke a little later than usual, and was still pretty tired because I threw my sleep pattern off a little this weekend.  I just sat on the couch watching a movie until I had to get ready for work at Chili's.  I don't mind not getting a full workout in on the weekends, because Chili's takes care of that lol  I worked, went home and showered, ate, and met 2 other friends I have seen, but haven't had a chance to hang out with.  Sam I at least see every weekend, because she is a manager at Chili's (and one of my oldest friends), and Courtney I don't see as much because I no longer work Monday nights at Chili's.  It was great getting to see them, and catching up with Courtney.  Unfortunately, her cousin was horribly injured in the Boston bombings, but hearing the story of his resiliency was inspiring.  She was telling us funny stories, and the people she met while visiting him.  I really think he is going to be ok!

I told you all about my busy weekend in detail not to brag, but to show you that no matter how busy you get, or how many times you go out with friends, you can still find ways to be healthy.  I still ate clean all weekend, and didn't drink (due to my 30-day challenge, not forever...there will be a blog post about this lol)  Things went much better than I would have anticipated.  Sure, I didn't get in as much exercise workouts as I would have liked, but since I was running around so much, I did get in my daily steps/miles/stairs climbed/calories burned...which is much more than sitting on the couch!  Now on to the food...

DAY 17 -

Breakfast - 1 egg scrambled, 2 piece of center cut bacon, 1 slice of tuscan pane with mashed avocado, made into a sandwich

Snack - 14 almonds

Lunch - Leftover chicken nuggets with broccoli

Snack - banana

Dinner - fresh made natural peanut butter (from the farmers market, made right there!) with a clean strawberry fruit spread I found at trader joe's on wheatberry bread (loved having peanut butter and jelly!)

DAY 18 -

1 mile walk/jog

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with feta cheese, 1/2 piece of chicken sausage (stuffed with spinach and feta) and 1 slice of tuscan pane with organic butter

Lunch - small mixed veggie salad with oil and vinagar, 2 thin slices of pork loin and green beans

Dinner - London Broil, sauteed onions, yam and roasted broccoli (I made dinner for Beth!!  She realy liked it)

Snack - 14 cashews, 4 dried turkish apricots

DAY 19 -

Breakfast - 2 slices of Tuscan Pane Bread with drizzle of EVOO

Lunch - Cottage cheese with 1 tbsp strawberry fruit spread

Dinner - Mushroom Strogonoff with some leftover roasted broccoli

Snack - Banana/peanut butter ice cream!!!  - This is an amazing, easy recipe I will be sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment