Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 7 Recap

Hey guys,  so I knew I had a pound of organic london broil that I wanted to make, with carmelized onions.  I got home from work and was getting ready to do a 3 mile DVD of cardio walking and strength training when I realized I was out of onions!!  So I put on those walking shoes and walked to Shoprite!  To be fair it's only 1/2 to 3/4 mile away, so roundtrip was a mile to a mile and a quarter, but still!  I was pretty proud of myself, especially since I came home and still did the 3 mile DVD!!  This, in combination with some 2lb weight exercises and taking the stairs multiple times at work  (3 flights), gives me a pretty good work out day!!

On to the food....

Breakfast - 1 mashed avocado (seasoned) with 2 slices of Tuscan Pane whole wheat bread

Lunch - Turkey Chili and a whole wheat corn muffin

Snack - banana

Dinner - London Broil with carmelized onions, medium baked yam, and roasted asparagus



I didn't eat as much as most days, not because I wasn't hungry enough (though I never felt deprived), but I recently started wearing a FitBit One (I plan to do a product review once I have worn it for a couple days) and it's telling me I should be eating less calories than my other sources are telling me (for my height, weight, age, activity level) and I think I got caught up in the dogma of weight loss, and probably should have eaten more yesterday.  Old habits of dieting are as bad as the old habits of eating unhealthy...ugh.  I am trying to shake those stigmas and learn from my body, not weightloss gurus!

No comments:

Post a Comment