Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 10 Recap - Vegetarian Day!

Hello!!  So Day 10 was all vegetarian day, and it was so nice I am doing it twice!  I will say that I should have waited until next week, only because the dinner recipe, as tasty as it was, was a little labor intensive and would have been more fun making it on the weekend, rather than starting at 6:00 p.m. after a long day at work lol  Also, you have to like lentils to like the dish, which I will post a little later.  No problem for me, lentils are my favorite!!

Breakfast - 2 brown rice cakes with 2 tbsp of natural creamy peanut butter, topped with banana slices

(Too satisfied for a snack lol)

Lunch - 1 1/2 cups of Bountiful Black Bean Soup.  This turned out delicious!!  I bought the bag (Bob's Red Mill, you can find it in the soup aisle of your grocery store) and used 1 cup dry with 4 cups of organic vegetable broth and added onion, celery, garlic, yellow squash, oregano, basil and a bay leaf and let simmer for 2 hours.  Was really good!

Snack - Red delicious apple

Dinner - 2 lentil cakes with mashed avocado, sauteed onion and cauliflower...YUM!

I'll post this recipe once I can find the link to where I got it.  I was looking for a veggie burger recipe and came across this.  Not really a vegige burger, but the flavors are delicious (but you have to like lentils, and have time to make them).  I copy and pasted the recipe, but forgot where I got it from, and I don't want to post it without recogniztion of where it came from :)

No comments:

Post a Comment