Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 6 Recap and how it's going...

So I am on Day 6 of my 30 day Clean Eating Challenge and I am really glad I did this.  Not only do I feel much better, skin is clearer, sleeping more soundly, and have energy (this is hard to come by when you have an underactive thyroid), I have lost a couple pounds, which is a bonus, as I do have some weight to lose, but that is not at all the main reason why I challenged myself to 30 days of clean eating eating and fitness.  I wanted to go big to start, to get me into a constant routine of healthy eating and exercise, so in the future it doesn't feel like a diet or chore.  I want to be able to maintain this lifestyle once I reach my body's healthy weight.  I want to be able to go out with friends for dinner and drinks 2 or 3 times a month and not gain weight for it or feel guilty.  I want to be able to have some ice cream without feeling like I just blew an entire week of a diet.  By eating clean, whole and healthy for all meals other than those few nights out a month, or that ice cream once in a while, I will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle and my body be healthier for it.  Just some thoughts on this Monday morning lol  Good news is that I will post the recipes of the dinners I made over the last 3 nights.  I have to tell you that the salmon was to die for!!! (And I am not usually a salmon eater!)

Meal 1 - 1/2 cup Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Cereal with 3/4 almond milk

Meal 2 - Green Smoothie (1 frozen banana, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup almond milk, 2 cups baby spinach, blended)

Meal 3 - 4 oz leftover baked herbed salmon, with 2 slices of Whole Wheat Tuscan Pane bread and 1/2 mashed avocado

Meal 4 - Chicken Chili with 1 whole grain corn muffin


Meal 5 - Apple with almond butter

Really should have gotten in more veggies today.  Something to work toward.  This 30 Day Challenge is really making me focus on eating the right amount of calories, carbs, fats, proteins, fruits and veggies.  I just need to get better at the application part.  Working on it.  I am planning on making more vegetarian meals in week 2, so that's a start with getting in more veggies!

Ah, the exercise.  Well there was 4 hours of serving (lol) and then I did a 4 loads of laundry, going up and down the stairs (lol), and finally I did 30 minute aerobic DVD with resistance bands (the real stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment