Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Recap of Day 8 - plus a 10 minute intense workout detailed

So one week was finished on Monday and Tuesday started week 2.  Because I am not eating a restricted diet, just clean, healthy, whole foods, and getting in activity everyday, this 30-day challenge hasn't been too challenging.  I am thinking that once the 30 days is over, I will need to find a more intense exercise challenge.  The eating portion of this challenge has been great, as has the sleeping part lol  The fitness part, well I have been doing it, but as you may have seen from my other posts, I am bored already.  It's not that I don't want to work out, I am doing it, but I am not feeling like I am finding something I am going to WANT to do.  So I have decided to try group Zumba classes, we'll see how it goes.

Breakfast - Green Smoothie - (I think I will post this recipe to the blog, since I make it so frequently)

Snack - Baby carrots and homemade hummus

Lunch - Leftover London Broil over salad greens with sunflower seeds and EVOO and Vinegar

Snack - 1/2 serving of leftover Chicken Chili and a whole wheat corn muffin

Dinner - Chicken Curry with broccoli over brown rice with side of sauted onion and 1/2 banana  (This is by far my favorite thing I have ever made and so easy!  Recipe will be on the blog later today!!)



Exercise - I logged 10,000 steps yesterday, I also did  2 muscle miles (2 mile brisk walk with 2lb weight in each hand, using the weights for upper body strength training).  And a 10 minute intense workout, which I have copied below.  Let me tell you, this 10 minute intense workout had me dripping in sweat, but only took 10 minutes so I was thrilled!

1 minute - Brisk walk or march in place
1 minute -
Light jog in place or outside, moving the arms up and down

1 minute -
Jumping jacks
30 seconds -
Long jumps - jump forward, landing with both feet, turn around and jump back

30 seconds -
Jog in place
30 seconds -
Long jumps
30 seconds - March in place
30 seconds -

Burpees
30 seconds -

Mountain climbers
30 seconds - March in place
30 seconds -

Burpees
30 seconds - March in place
30 seconds -

Jog in place
1 minute burn:

Squat jumps1 minute - Slow march in place to cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment