Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 3 recap

Day 3 was interesting as I got a great night's sleep the night before (a rarity for me), so I was able to do 30 minutes straight of intense cardio. I put in the sweat version of Just Dance 4 and while I completely kept up I was fighting off fits of laughter cause I could only imagine how ridiculous I looked. I also did 15 minutes of yoga on my Wii Fit. The weather here got cold again, and a it started to shower a little so I didn't want to go for a long walk in case it started to pour at the midway point. Find it where ya can :)

Meal 1- 2 brown rice cakes with 1 mashed avocado (seasoned with salt, onion and garlic powder) 2 hard boiled eggs (I was hungry, and this sustained me so much that I was good until lunch)

Meal 2- flank steak salad (mixed greens, some assorted salad bar veggies, EVOO and balsamic vinegar with the previous night's leftover steak and some sunflower seeds)

Snack- 1/2 cup homemade hummus with some baby carrots

Meal 3- lean ground turkey stir fry over quinoa (the story behind this concoction will get its own blog post, with recipe, later today)

Snack - green smoothie. I'll also share my favorite smoothie recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment