Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 2 Recap

2 days in and I feel better than I have in 2 weeks.  I know it's only 2 days, and maybe it's all in my head, but I really do feel better physically and mentally when I am taking care of myself.  I am not sure if I ate a very balanced diet yesterday, I am still learning to plan my meals to give me the proper proteins, carbs and healthy fats, and to increase my veggie intake.  I am also trying to limit my fruit intake to 2-3 servings a day.  Fruits are great for you, but when you should be getting 5-8 servings of fruits and veggies, I prefer to make more than half of those veggies...less calories, less sugar, more nutrients.  But by no means is fruit BAD for you!  It's crazy how many fad diets out there will steer you away from fruit.  In the grand scheme of things I am just trying to adjust my ratio of fruits and veggies, but even if you eat 10 apples a day it's better than a bag of Doritos!

Meal 1 - 1/2 cup rolled oats cooked in 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, with 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter and 1 tsp cinnamon.



Snack - 3 oz baby carrots and 1 hard boiled egg

Meal 2 - Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, leftovers (You'll find for lunches I am always eating leftovers from the previous evening's dinner.  It's easy and more economical)

Snack - 1/2 of a large red delicious apple

Meal 3 - 6 oz seasoned Flank Steak, 1 cup roasted broccoli and medium baked sweet potato (Recipe for seasoned Flank Steak will be posted)



Snack - 1/2 avocado mashed with seasoning on brown rice cake, 1/2 cup strawberries

Activity - 1 mile walk with hand weights, 2.5 mile brisk walk with jog intervals, 15 minutes strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment