Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 9 Recap - Leftovers Day!!

I don't like to waste food, which is sometimes difficult when you cook for one and most recipes make 4-6 servings.  I usually try to cut the recipe in half, so that I get 2 servings, 1 for dinner and 1 for lunch the next day.  It's been working, but for things like Chili, it's better to make a pot!  Do what works best for you and your family if you are cooking for more than one.  If you read my blog, you'll notice it is a day full of leftovers, so nothing too exciting, but just you wait until tomorrow lol.  All of my meals today are vegetarian, healthy and delicious and I can't wait to share.  I believe in Meatless Monday's and knowing now that I have more vegetarian recipes in my arsenal, I think I will make that a tradition!

Meal 1 - 2 brown rice cakes with 2 tsbp raw almond butter

Snack - celery sticks and baby carrots

Lunch - Leftover Chicken Curry with broccoli

Snack - apple

Dinner - Leftover Chicken Chili with a whole wheat corn muffin and roasted asparagus

Exercise was good today.  I brought my walking shoes to work and walked a complete circle around the base (1.7 miles).  Planned to do the same today, but it appears it is about to rain (my luck is that I would start, get 1/2 way and it would start to pour...hmm, maybe that would get me to take up running lol!)  After work I pampered myself with a mani/pedi, but still went home and did 2.5 mile walk/jog intervals (it's more brisk walking than jogging - total of 26 minutes, 17 walking 9 jogging).  Still not in love with working out, but hey it's only been 9 consecutive days!  I do feel the want to do some fitness each day, so that's a start, just still looking for something to love :)

Since it was all leftovers, I had no picture to post, so here is a picture of my pretty pedicure and my pretty kitty, errrr, handsome ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment